“..These are precarious and unprecedented times … Little that we have taken for granted is likely to come through this century intact.
We don’t believe that anyone — not politicians, not economists, not environmentalists, not writers — is really facing up to the scale of this …
- Somehow, technology or political agreements or ethical shopping or mass protest are meant to save our civilization from self-destruction.
Well, we don’t buy it.
This project starts with our sense that civilization as we have known it is coming to an end;-
- brought down by a rapidly changing climate – a cancerous economic system -
- and the ongoing mass destruction of the non-human world.
But it is driven by our belief that this age of collapse — which is already beginning —
- could also offer a new start -
- if we are careful in our choices…”
go to source/story>>>