“…The Green Party has ramped up its personality politics -
- directly accusing Paula Bennett and Prime Minister John Key of stripping away the welfare and education systems they both benefited from in their youth.
The party insisted it was not indulging in personal attacks-
- but instead holding ministers to account for policies which were harmful and intrusive.
But the Greens’ strong rhetoric at its annual meeting -
- backed by members who hissed at the National-led Government’s policies -
- marked a slight departure from the party’s usual more restrained criticism.
After a keynote speech which criticised Ms Bennett for unfairly targeting women and beneficiaries, co-leader Metiria Turei said: -
- “I make no apologies for holding [her] to account.
“As minister, she has enormous powers about the choices that she makes…”
go to source/story>>>