“…”With my novel The Children I was really interested in that thing:-
- how do you remain an adult with your family when they know you too well?
A friend of mine says that when she goes home to her family: -
-”I’m 34 when I’m driving there -
- when I’m parking the car I’m 24 -
- when I’m at the front door I’m 19 -
- and by the time I’m in the house I’m 13 again.”
And all these old roles and allegiances and resentments rise up -
- and that’s what happens in my story.
– Charlotte Wood, Australian author…”
go to source/story>>>