“…In practice, however, PETA’s version of animal rights tends to differ from the human-rights approach of the American abolitionists.
If the men and woman who fought to end black slavery had embraced Ingrid Newkirk’s methods, for instance – they would have taken great pride in killing slaves.
More: they would have spent a lot of time fighting bitterly for their right to kill slaves.
Slavery, they would have argued, is cruel. (Decent people agree.)
Hence, the enslaved are better off dead. (Decent people part ways here.)
This is precisely Newkirk’s argument when it comes to the rights of animal “slaves.”
You may find it hard to believe, but animals — according to the dominant stream of animal rights activism, promoted by Newkirk – do not have the right to life.
Those who donate to PETA are almost never aware of this -
- but Ingrid Newkirk has said as much in a postcard to Nathan Winograd – who leads the No Kill movement: -
- “We do not advocate ‘right to life’ for animals.”
And she has followed up her words with a deft hypodermic:
PETA has slaughtered over 27,000 pets.
When her organization was found dumping the corpses of dogs and cats -
- some of them perfectly healthy and adoptable before being killed -
- Newkirk stood her ground at a press conference: -
- “PETA believes euthanasia is the kindest gift to a dog or cat unwanted and unloved.”..”
(ed:..now..as a vegan/animal-rights sorta person…
..that to me is really fucked up..)
go to source/story>>>