“…Have you ever wondered how the exuberant energy of elementary school–aged children might be harnessed and put to good use?
It seems the Dutch company De Café Racer has found a way -
- with a kid-powered bicycle intended to replace the traditional school bus.
The bike is pedaled by 1 adult (who is essential for steering and safety’s sake) and up to 10 children, reports Kate Malongowski in YES! Magazine.
Designed for kids ranging in age from 4 to 12 the bike can reach a speed of 10 miles per hour -
- is available in a variety of colors including blue, purple, red, and school-bus yellow —
- and has adjustable seats to accommodate its growing riders’ extra inches.
In addition the ride comes with a music system – a canvas cover to ward off rain -
- and an auxiliary electric motor for when the hills get too steep or the pedal pushers run out of steam.
The innovative cycle is beneficial on several levels -
- such as reducing pollution and combating childhood obesity – and De Café Racer hopes it will catch on outside of the Netherlands.
So far the company has sold about 25 of the bikes in Europe – and has received inquiries from buyers in North America and South America as well…”
(ed:..what’s not to love about all that..?..eh..?..)
go to source/story>>>