“.. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the great German Protestant Theologian who was executed for opposing Hitler’s holocaust -
- believed that the test of the morality of a society is how it treats its children.
I agree and am deeply ashamed that the United States of America flunks Bonhoeffer’s test every hour of every day as our policies and priorities permit 16.1 million children – more than one in five – to live in poverty in the richest nation on earth -
- and 7.3 million to live in extreme poverty -
- according to the new census poverty data.
Children under five are our poorest age group with one in four infants, toddlers and preschoolers -
- who did not choose their parents -
- poor during their years of greatest brain development.
The U.S. Agriculture Department recently reported that a record number of families in America are struggling to put enough food on the table -
- and that one in five children live in a food insecure household.
Millions of Americans, many of them hard-working parents, have only food stamps to keep the wolves of hunger from their door.
Yet the Ryan budget passed by the House of Representatives not only would do nothing to help or decrease epidemic poverty, hunger and homelessness during this time of economic downturn and parental joblessness -
- it would increase their struggles by taking away food and other essential supports…”
(ed:..just what key/this govt is doing here in new zealand..eh..?
..i really feel this govt will go into the history books as one of the/our most reviled..
..and not only for their relentless war/black-propaganda-campaigns against the poorest/weakest…
..(take a bow..david farrar..black-propaganda-master..)
..with their cruel/kafka-esque hectoring/moralising to ‘get jobs!’..
..when there are so few to be had..
..whereas in the last year..(in these times of ‘we can’t afford to do anything about poverty!’.. -
- the richest in new zealand increased their personal wealth/assets by 20%..
go to source/story>>>