“…For a few years Gabel lived a life of unimpeachable punk cred: -
- volunteering for socialist groups like Food Not Bombs -
- paying 100 bucks to live in a house with 12 roommates across the street from an experimental waste dump -
- and making ends meet by dumpster-diving and selling his plasma.
(“They didn’t give you a snack – but it cost less to get drunk that night.”)
Meanwhile, Against Me! began touring the world – playing some epically grungy shit holes -
- like an anarchist squat in Poland where the tenants kept rotten eggs on the roof to fight off the junkies -
- and Nazi skinheads robbed people at gunpoint.
(“Touring Eastern Europe is fucking hardcore, man.”)..”
go to source/story>>>