“..We can take it from nurse Romney – who will tell us not to whine and play the victim -
- or we can take it from nurse Obama – who will assure us that this hurts him even more than it hurts us -
- but one way or another the corporate hemlock will be shoved down our throats.
The choice before us is how it will be administered.
Corporate power – no matter who is running the ward after January 2013 – is poised to carry out U.S. history’s most savage assault against the poor and the working class -
- not to mention the Earth’s ecosystem.
And no one in power – no matter what the bedside manner – has any intention or ability to stop it.
If you insist on participating in the cash-drenched charade of a two-party democratic election -
- at least be clear about what you are doing.
You are, by playing your assigned role as the Democratic or Republican voter in this political theater -
- giving legitimacy to a corporate agenda that means your own impoverishment and disempowerment.
All the things that stand between us and utter destitution —
-Medicaid – food stamps – Pell grants – Head Start – Social Security – public education – federal grants-in-aid to America’s states and cities -
- the Women, Infants, and Children nutrition program (WIC) – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families -
- and home-delivered meals for seniors —
- are about to be shredded by the corporate state.
Our corporate oligarchs are harvesting the nation -
- grabbing as much as they can – as fast as they can -
- in the inevitable descent…”
go to source/story>>>